Fashion Month kicked off yesterday here in New York and we are ready and waiting to begin our semi-annual round of jewel-spotting. Street style images are just starting to trickle in and, being the jewelry insiders that we are, we have some predictions as to which styles the ever chic show-goers will be flashing this season.
1. Chokers: Everyone from Fallon to Dannijo worked this style into their Spring jewelry collections. While we love the blinged out versions we’ve been seeing, we’re particularly smitten with this extremely wearable Jules Smith choker.
2. Statement Earrings: This bold style will be competing for attention with the ever-popular statement necklace. We’ve spotted this style on a number of bloggers as of late and we think these Erickson Beamons beauties would compliment their fashion month outfits quite nicely.
3. Hand Jewelry: Hand pieces were all the rage the past couple seasons and we don’t expect them to halt in popularity anytime soon. This Ben-Amun is stunning in its mix of heavy metal and art deco elements.
4. Athletic Inspiration: We are head-over-heels about Prada’s sporty Spring 2014 accessories. That in mind, we’re loving how this Kara Ross cuff has the feel of a upscale wristband.
5. Quirky, Mismatching Studs: Jewelry parties are migrating north this season and landing on the ears of fashionistas everywhere. We’d bet anything show-goes will be loading up their lobes with cute studs like these, these and these from Lulu Frost CODE.
6. Structured Minimalist Jewelry: This trend walked the SS ‘14 runways of such fashion heavy hitters as Céline and Balenciaga, so you know the editors will be taking a cue. Styles like this Gorjana ring are sure to grace the fingers of fashion’s finest.
7. Punk pearls: Possibly the biggest break-out jewelry trend of the season, pearl pieces featuring edgy metal elements are everywhere. (We have Chanel to thank for that one.) This Lele Sadoughi bangle has the cool combo down pat.